VolleyOC's Sand Sports Camp
For Ages 6-11
At VolleyOC, we've never been cool with running baby-sitting camps. We put our heart and soul into what we do and we want to turn out athletes who are stronger, more confident, and better than when they arrived. Our sand-sport camp is for any family that wants their kids to excel in athletics. We always start camp with agility ladder work and sprint mechanics. We then put those new skills into practice and build the endurance of our athletes with games of soccer and capture the flag in the sand. We work in a few beach volleyball skills and drills because it's in our DNA, and we cool off our group with boogie boarding time at the end of camp. Expect your kids to be exhausted at the end of each day, and expect them to look forward to coming back day after day (and hopefully week after week) because of how much fun we make the camp.
2-on-2 Beach Volleyball Camps
For Ages 11-16, with Prior Experience
Welcome to Orange County’s Best Beach Volleyball Summer Camp!
Ed Ratledge’s 25 years of experience playing and coaching beach volleyball will have your child spiking and digging like a pro in no time. Boys and girls ages 11-16 will thrive in our organized, well-coached, safe environment. No beach-volleyball experience is needed to start, but players at the CDM camp typically have indoor experience. Camp sessions include warm-up, stretching, skills time, and drills. The final half of camp usually features fun games where campers are put in game-realistic situations to practice what they have learned. Ed and his staff of coaches typically split students into small groups with similar skill levels so they feel comfortable, have fun, and get the most out of their time. Older and more experienced players will learn strategies, skills and techniques to excel at beach volleyball. Whether your 11-16 year-old just wants to try out beach volleyball or wants to win beach volleyball tournaments at the CBVA or AAU, VolleyOC's 2-on-2 Summer Camp is the place to be.
- Ages: 11-16 (grouped by age and skill level)
- Monday-Friday sessions from 9am-noon
- Athlete pick-up may be at either 11:30 before ocean-time, or at noon.
- Located: 4 center courts at Corona del Mar State Beach (big Corona) 1 Breakers Drive, Newport Beach CA 92663 (free 10 minute parking for drop off and pick up.)
- Price: $225 per week, sign up before May 4th for $25 dollars off!
- What to Bring: Water bottle, snack, sunscreen, hat, sunglasses, lip balm with spf, towel and bathing suit for after class water play.
- Current Dates listed on Newport Beach website
- How to Register:
Indoor Volleyball Camps
For Ages 7-11, No Experience Necessary
Try a new sport with friends at our Indoor Volleyball Camps!
For campers ages 7-11, VolleyOC also offers indoor volleyball summer camps. Ed Ratledge and his team of coaches will teach your child to bump, set, spike and serve in a fun, organized environment. No volleyball experience is needed. Sessions will include warm-up and stretching, skills time, drills and fun games where campers are put in game-realistic situations to practice what they have learned. Kids will have a great time staying active and entertained while they learn a fantastic and fun sport!
- Ages: 7-11 (grouped by age and skill level)
- Monday-Friday from 9:15am-noon NCCC, 9-noon elsewhere
- Located: Lincoln Elementary School, Newport Coast Community Center (offers supervised lunch time with afternoon camp)
- Price: $195 or $199 per week, sign up before May 8th for $20 dollars off!
- What to Bring: Waterbottle, snack, athletic shoes, knee pads optional
- 2017 Dates: 8/7-8/11@NCCC, 8/28-9/1@NCCC, 8/14-8/19@Lincoln 8/21-8/25@Lincoln
- How to Register: